Admins can use the Microsoft Teams admin center or Windows PowerShell to create and manage dial plans.
Using the Microsoft Teams admin center
Create a dial plan
In the left navigation of the Microsoft Teams admin center, go to Voice > Dial plan.
Click Add, and then enter a name and description for the dial plan.
3. Under Dial plan details, specify an external dialing prefix if users need to dial one or more additional leading digits (for example, 9) to get an external line. To do this:
- In the External dialing prefix box, enter an external dialing prefix. The prefix can be up to four characters (#,*, and 0-9).
- Turn on Optimized device dialing. If you specify an external dialing prefix, you must also turn on this setting to apply the prefix so calls can be made outside your organization.
4. Under Normalization rules, configure and associate one or more normalization rules for the dial plan. Each dial plan must have at least one normalization rule associated with it. To do this, do one or more of the following:
- To create a new normalization rule and associate it with the dial plan, click Add, and then define the rule.
- To edit a normalization rule that's already associated with the dial plan, select the rule by clicking to the left of the rule name, and then click Edit. Make the changes you want, and then click Save.
- To remove a normalization rule from the dial plan, select the rule by clicking to the left of the rule name, and then click Remove
5. Arrange the normalization rules in the order that you want. Click Move up or Move down to change the position of rules in the list.
5. Click Save.
6. If you want to test the dial plan, under Test dial plan, enter a phone number, and then click Test.